20 December 2017

Record of meeting 20 December 2017

The writers

Terry, Helene, Pat, Pauline, Jenni
New location from 17 January 2018
Terry announced that we will start our new writing year at the Vincentia Golf Club at 1 pm on Wednesday 17 January 2018.

The words of the day
Bagatelle – a trifle

Judicature – a body of judges
Pegamold – imitation leather

Experiential – experience and observation
Beetling – of a rock or a person’s eyebrows overhanging

Writing from words of the day
After tidy up the bagatelle of the writing group, the writers used the words of the day and wrote about – An inheritance, The Chinese tourist, Annoyance, I love a good trifle and The animal lover.

Reading of homework
Four writers read out their homework on the topics - In this room – a great poem about former characters of the writing group, Drifting in the ocean – a nightmare, Jehovah’s witnesses at the door and Blue eyes.

A suggestion from Pat
Use the topic of travel for our proposed anthology.

Exercise – I don’t care what the tape said – I didn’t say it
Jenni selected the topic then the writers wrote about - Rap music on the I phone, I never done it, It wasn’t what I meant, Trying to frame me and Coopers let them go.

Homework
Christmas



No comments:

Post a Comment